Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time to Listen

I have a Christmas Caroling clock. Each hour it chimes a different Christmas song. The first few days of hearing it I am surprised and delighted to think about the song and the words reminding me to celebrate with joy! My attitude is lifted by those sweet chimes.

It isn't long, though, before I tune out those sweet refrains and ignore the joy they offer. My attitude is one of hurry and finish my list of things to do. I don't stop and enjoy the moment! How very sad for me, and for those to whom I want to be a witness . Time passes by so swiftly and I can miss those little prize moments when God whispers to me. Could He be offering me His love, joy and peace in the middle of a hectic and sometimes difficult life?

It seems to me that is exactly what He did when He came 2000+ years ago! He announced the times through a star and angels. He whispered His coming through the starry night and shouted His arrival through the chorus of angels. Do I listen for His quiet voice or do I ignore it and forget He is near?

He is near! He is here in my heart! He lives in me! The music only reminds me that it is time to listen! I need to hear His voice! Not only during Christmas, but all year through!

No comments: