Friday, December 26, 2008

Crossroads

In a few days we will celebrate a new year. It is a time when we put away the past and start new with good intentions and high hopes . For the next few days I will focus on writing out goals and determining how I would like to live my life in 2009.

Resolutions? You may call them that but I prefer to call them goals and in a sense I place expectations on myself. My expectations and goals all center around my gift to Jesus. It is what I choose to give Him that sets the boundaries of my choices for the year. So this year I will listen to the message God has for me to receive and to deliver.

Today I read in Jeremiah 6:16 an interesting guide to the setting of my goals. It said: "Thus says the Lord: 'Stand by the roads, and take a look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way is; and walk in it, and find rest for you souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.'" (ESV) In the Message Bible it says to "stand at the crossroads." I like that.

It reminds me of Robert Frosts poem The Road Not Taken. Which road will I take? God is urging me to look closely and take a trusted way, one that has proven to me a wise path. Poet Frost offers the insight that choosing a road less traveled might make all the difference. I agree. It will make a difference if I pick a path that the rest of the world has shunned but has been traveled by our Lord and His faithful followers, a cross-road.

I do hope to see you on the good way!

No comments: