Saturday, December 13, 2008

Moonlight Pearl

Last night as my husband and I left for our weekly date, we were awestruck by the moon. It was a clear night and the moon was full. It was a beautiful sight.

I could not keep my eyes off the moon. It reflected the sun in a way that reminded me of a huge pearl. Its luminousness was breathtaking! We could easily see the shadows of the lunar terrain, but it did not detract from its beauty. The shadows simply added to the mystery of the clarity and perfection of the vision.

A pearl resting in a vast ocean of deep blue was this moon. It was a gift to enjoy, a touch from the Creator. He made it for my pleasure and so I told Him how much I enjoyed it! And then i remembered about the pearl of great price that Jesus told us about. It was bought through the sacrifice of the merchant who sought it for his own.

I am the pearl that was bought with Jesus' sacrifice, but am I willing to sacrifice for Him as well? Can I say "Yes" to Him as Mary did?

Thank You Lord, for reminding me of Your pearl by showing me the moon in all its glory! you have thought of everything that could delight me and make me happy! I say "Yes!" Yes, I will live my life to please You!

No comments: