Friday, January 23, 2009

Digging Out

When I fall into a slump, now commonly known as a funk, it takes some digging to get out!

The digging usually takes place within myself. I shovel through my thoughts, feelings and even the things I have done. I sift through each layer, looking for a sign that will show me the way out of the shadowy smog I made for myself.

Rereading the last paragraph actually reminds me of the CSI shows. They often dig , shovel, sift and discover answers. However, my answers rarely come in a one hour time slot. Some take a day or a week but others can last much longer.

I am told that exercise, prayer and rest can help the process along. So I work the muscles of my body, soul and spirit. It helps. Everyday I see things I didn't see before, I think differently and I keep walking forward even when I am really not sure in what direction I should go.

If you see me in a funk, you can be sure I'm working on digging myself out. I'll call if I need a little help! God is always there, but sometimes I might need you!

"Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him-a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Eccl:4 9-12 ESV

No comments: