Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Where is God?

Where is God today? Good question!

Yes, He is everywhere. There is the obvious work that He is doing, holding together the universe and keeping up with relationships He is developing with His people. Then He also has plans that He is carrying out to fulfill the prophecies He has laid out in His word. The question most important to each of us is where is He in relation to our lives?

Is it possible to look around and see Him at work? If so I have recently begun to understand the importance of joining Him in His work, not asking Him to come be with me in my work. That brings me to new questions: Is my work part of His work or am I trying to fly solo and ask Him along to be my co-pilot when I need help? Is my work part of His plan or simply my plan attached to His design?

I have lots of questions today, but no answers....except to seek Him and join Him when I see Him moving in my life, in my family, in my church, in my work, in my country and in the world.

No comments: