Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Have a Dream

I have a dream that I think is Gods' vision of the world. It isn't that I see everything as God sees it, but when He shows me bits and pieces I get excited and imagine how the world would be if God's vision was fulfilled.

This dream I have today is one of the equality of mankind. What would the world be like if presidential celebrations or other accomplishments are not focused on the color of the persons' skin or their gender but of their character, beliefs and deeds?

Certainly today's inauguration is historical, but the overwhelming message has been that President Obama is African American. My dream is that it would not be his heritage but his person hood that would be the standout message. This black and white mindset keeps the racial divisions alive. We the people do not need to be reminded of our differences. Rather, we must seek our common core to make us truly be the United States! Our unification is in a people "Under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Maybe for the next president this will be so!

"For the Lord sees not as man sees; man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart." I Samuel 16:7b

1 comment:

Irish Blessings said...

I have a dream that people will drop this whole Racial thing!