Saturday, February 7, 2009

Laryngitis

Laryngitis is making its rounds! I substituted teaching a bible class for a friend who has had laryngitis for the entire week, and my grandson is also affected.

It is a strange phenomenon that when someone has laryngitis or begins to whisper everyone tends to speak to them in a whisper! When I think about it, the opposite is also true. When we raise our voice to one another, the other person also raises their voice. It is like follow the leader.

The simple act of lowering our voice when someone is angry can help to calm the person and possibly bring a sense of common sense into the situation. Smart idea! But the credit goes to God. He has decreed that a soft answer turns away wrath. (Proverbs 15:1) I think I'll try lowering my voice and see what change I can effect in the world around me!

No comments: