Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bullies

Bullies come in all sizes, ages, and genders. It does not matter who they are, their aggressive, belittling behavior must be confronted. The victims of a bully must be protected!

Bullies most likely have their own problems. They may think that putting down others by showing their own strength in a bully fashion will make them feel better about themselves or their situation. The truth is that in acting out this way they reinforce their own lack of character. They are foolish to believe that pushing others around will lift them higher.

God has said that if we would be great we must be the servant of all. Having servants is not the way to be great or feel great. Bullies are people in need. One small step in service to other's needs is one giant leap into finding the greatness within themselves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No, I don't have a bully but I know several people who do!

Irish Blessings said...

I'm sorry for your friends and pray that I am not the bully unintentionally. What can I say, I'm one of those worriers who worry about everything. I need to listen to the sermon from 2 Sunday's ago!

Unknown said...

You a Bully? No way! You are strong and opinionated but I do not see you as aggressive. do you feel like a bully sometimes? If so you probably are normal. We all bully once in awhile, I was writing about those who daily need to find someone to belittle so they can feel like they are better. That is not you!