Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Legacy

Yesterday I read an article about the legacy we are given and the legacy we ourselves leave. It challenged me to think about what I've been given from those who have influenced my life and contemplate what kind of legacy I want to leave to those whose lives I have a part.

I have been keenly aware that I have been given a treasure from my parents in that I have learned to love learning. Being a life-long learner is a legacy that I also hope to hand down to my children and grandchildren and anyone else who comes into my life. I hope I will impress upon them the love of exploration, investigation and discovery of the wonderful world God has created for us.

The love of the arts is deeply rooted in my life and the lives of my family. Color, shape, sound and movement all delight my senses and touch my soul. If I can bring that delight into others I will be leaving a legacy of beauty.

The most important legacy I can think of to leave to others is an awareness and love of God. Putting God first in my life and loving him with all my heart and soul and strength is the grand prize of what I can offer others. My life should daily reflect my belief , trust, and love of my Creator, Savior, Friend and soon coming King.

My life, filled with God, beauty, and learning is my legacy to be handed down to whomever will accept the gift. My prayer is that my legacy will be handed down through many generations!

What is your legacy?

No comments: