Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Live Out the Sorry

On my way home from dropping off my granddaughters from school, I listened to the end of a teaching program. I don't recall the Bible teachers' name but the program is Living on the Edge. He stated that in all our brokenness we must go to Jesus and tell Him we are sorry, and then we must "Live out our sorry."

Wonderful words! Live out my sorry! Don't do it again! Be different. Change what I need to change so that my "Sorry" becomes a new life!

Lent begins today and the traditional giving up of our vices does not always bring us a life walking closer to God. Could it be that Lent is about living out our sorry? We are broken. We can be sorry over and over for the wrong living that causes brokenness in us and in others. Today is the day to start living out our sorry!

The first step is to pray. All sin is against God first. Asking His forgiveness is the place to go first. Then we go to those whom we have harmed by our brokenness. From there God will guide our steps. One step at a time. One day at a time. All done in oneness with God, our friend, Savior, King, and Lord.

My prayer today is that the ashes of our brokenness be blown away by the Holy Spirit, to land in the nail scarred hands of our precious Savior and offered to our loving Creator Father for a re-creation in our lives.

3 comments:

Irish Blessings said...

do you give anything up for lent?

Unknown said...

don't give up things for lent. Instead I try to take a more positive approach. I read more scripture or go through a special lenten devotion book. I sometimes focus my mind on certain aspects of Christ saving me, like what is grace? How does it effect my everyday? etc. It sometimes focuses on the blood of Christ, or the healing. You get the picture.

I always grow closer to Jesus that way than if i gave up chocolate or sweets, or shopping etc. (Hee hee...shopping is one of my least favorite things to do, so why did I even think to write it down?)

What about you? Do you find giving up something helps you to grow closer to Christ?

Irish Blessings said...

I don't know. I don't think that I have ever given anything up for Him. But, then, I'm not Catholic. Maybe I will try this year for fun. But then reading doesn't draw me closer to him either. Maybe it will when I'm older. Who knows.

I grow towards christ in my own way. Like you do in your devotions. I just talk to him and make conversation.