Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Walk with God

If God gave out speeding tickets to us when our lives got so busy that we ran past His mini delights, would we learn our lesson and slow down?

I've known people who get many speeding tickets. They pay the fine and keep right on racing down the road. Then there are people like me who have only had two, yes, two speeding tickets in my whole life. I am very aware of the speedometer and constantly check the signs so that my speed does not pose a traffic problem or a danger.

In life we can sometimes get so busy that we find ourselves speeding through our Bible reading and study. We don't slow down to enjoy the little worm that somehow dropped onto the car and attached itself by a tiny silky thread as we drove down the road. Maybe we need to get out of the car and take a walk. A walk with God can be a speed bump that helps us to slow down long enough to hear and see him working in our lives.

I think today is a good day to get out of the race and take a walk. Being alone with God will be a breath of life into my activities!

It has been a busy week, Lord. I have raced through my time with You so that the things of this world could get accomplished on or before the deadline. I now realize that deadlines don't make life exciting, they bring a death to my relationship with You. You are my lifeline! I need You to accomplish the very things that seem so pressing! Today, I put You first!

No comments: