Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fool for Christ

I've been reading Erwin McManus' book "Uprising." It has given me much to think about. The book takes a look at the character of God and what we as Christians need to know about following in His footsteps of character.

Integrity is one of those qualities God has asked us to live out in our lives. It is being the same on the outside as we are on the inside. It is being the same with all people, not changing who we are or what we think depending on who we are with at the time. Not easy when we are flawed. Showing our weakness as well as our strengths makes us vulnerable.

That is where being a fool for Christ comes in. To show Christ to the world we must live with integrity. It takes convictions that we cannot compromise. When we open up our true selves to the world holding strong convictions that reflect God we become fools for Christ.

Now that is the kind of fool I want to be! And this is no April Fool!

Amazing God, there is no foolishness in You, yet the world is fooled into thinking it is hopeless to believe in You. Today, I want to be Your fool, letting the world see You through my actions and words. I seek the integrity that You have.

2 comments:

Donna Cooper said...

Amen Carolynn!
I'll join you!

Katie said...

great book :)