Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Before I Die

What do you want to do before you die?

That is a question posed by many people. Some go so far as to write out a list of things to do before they die. I've watched a show called Buried Life that is dedicated to fulfilling the "Before I die" lists. So I've wondered what I would write on my list.

Dreams are elusive. They are not easy to write in permanent ink. Ink makes them real and frightening. What would happen if I wrote my list and then laid it aside never reaching for those amazing moments that I dream about? It may not make a difference, but then it could make all the difference.

I think I need to make a list!

Living God, You are an amazing adventurer! You not only invite me to explore Your creation and discover the abundant blessings of living life fully, but You also join in the adventure! You became a man, experiencing all that life holds! You join Yourself to me through Your Holy Spirit and ask me to risk and reach into unknown areas and live! You began the adventure of creation. Seeking and knowing You is an adventure. you are the planner and the completer of all my adventures! I will let You help me write my list!!

No comments: