Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pregnancy and Labor

I have two grandbabies on the way. They will be born later this year and I am very excited. Maybe that is the reason God spoke to me in a metaphor of pregnancy and labor. Maybe it is just what is happening!



I was in prayer last night asking for forgiveness for being crabby, grumpy, irritable, well you can name it what you want, but I wasn't being loving and so I was needing forgiveness. In God's revealing way, He spoke to my heart saying that I am in the middle of labor and under alot of pressure. He knows that knowing what is happening and understanding where I am helps me to accept and behave in a kinder way. He knows me so very well!



I agreed with God that I am under pressure. I can see why He used the idea of the end of a pregnancy and beginning of labor. Things are changing for me and my family. The onset of labor pains has begun. I cannot know how long the labor will last, or how difficult it is going to be, but I can prepare and depend on God, the Father as my coach through it all.



I need to rest in him and His word. Breathe deeply and let the natural process of change ordained by God happen. I must move with it not struggle against it.



Father, I am ready and even eager to birth the new life you have for me. You are the my Father, my Lord and my source of wisdom, understanding and strength. I know that alone I cannot do this your way. I need You! Thank You for being with me every step of the way and for completing the good work You have begun in me! Teach me what to do and when to do it! I trust You to be there for me if I cry out to You!

No comments: