Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Elephant

Most people have heard the story of the blind men who examined an elephant. Each one touched a different part of the animal and described it differently. The lesson of the story is that we don't always see the entire picture.

I think that it is the same with knowing God. I can look, listen and learn about God, but unless others share what they have discovered about God with me, I will not have a true picture of Him. I need to share with others also.

God is much larger than an elephant! He is all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving. We will be experiencing new things about our Great and awesome God throughout eternity! Finding out about Him will never grow old or dull!

I have a question I need you to answer for me. What have you discovered about God this past week? What can you tell me about Him? Yes, I may already know that He loves you, but how did He love you last week? Please tell me so that I can know him more!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was reminded this week that God sees tomorrow and provides for what you need before you know that you will have a need. It is a busy season preparing for the celebration of Easter and it has been a little overwhelming this year. Father God provided me with so much help from fellow servants that my load was lightened and the stress disipated. I am so glad that He cares so much not only for me but those whom we serve in His name. Lenore

Unknown said...

Thank you, Lenore! That is beautiful and something we need to remember! He is so good to prepare the way for us. I sense His call to prepare the way for His return, don't you?