Monday, March 15, 2010

Play Time

Does God like to play? If so what do you suppose He likes best to do when He plays? Does His play time include us?

My imagination takes a stretch when thinking of God playing. I don't readily think of Him enjoying a sport or even board game. I guess I've been taught that God is in control of the universe, and maybe my mind just can't comprehend Him dropping the weather or forgetting the dance of the universes to play. Why is it so hard to believe?

Could it be that when God walked in the garden with Adam, He didn't just walk? Maybe He played hide and seek, but He would always win unless He humbled Himself and became a man who was not all-seeing. Maybe He played chase with the lions, tigers and bears. Oh my! It is fun to think that His creation of the world might have been play for Him. Did it have to be all science, or well thought out plan?

My heart longs to think that He delighted and enjoyed creating as much as I do! I want to believe He has fun surprising us and maybe even playing with us once in awhile!

You, Lord, gave us Your people a love of play. You give us glimpses of fun in scripture. Would You like to play with me? Can we play tomorrow? Let's have a play date!

No comments: