Friday, April 16, 2010

Faith

Do you have amazing faith? Do you have the kind of faith that gets Gods' attention? I can tell you that I want that kind of faith, not just sometimes but on a daily basis!

Jesus said that the Centurion's' faith was greater than any found in Israel! He healed the paralytic because of the "Amazing" (my words) faith of his friends.Jesus was moved to heal, resurrect and free people from demons because of their faith. The Canaanite woman had faith that even the "scraps" of God's power were enough to fill her need. Another woman had enough faith to brave crowds and simply touch the hem of Jesus' garment. The blind saw, the deaf heard the lame were made to walk! Amazing faith!

Jesus asks if He will find faith on the earth when He returns? I want to have faith that makes Him stop and take notice, but how do I get it? I cannot work at it, nor can I get it from others. Jesus prayed that we would have faith. He told us that even a tiny grain of faith would produce huge results. But, again, how do I get it? What is the faith that is amazing to God?

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. I believe that it includes hearing His voice, being His sheep. Many can read the Word and never find faith in its meaning. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith is the most simple and basic of our relationship with God, and yet, it can be so complex to explain to someone.

My faith needs to be exercised by hearing the word, hearing Gods' voice, prayer, and obedience. Those things are not faith but it exercises my faith. The bible says that faith is believing. We believe in what we don't see. We believe in The God who only needs to say the word, and healing will come. We believe in The God who is so good and powerful that we need only to ask, or get close enough to make our presence known by showing up for ourselves or for a friend. We believe He exists and is good. We believe He made us for relationship with Him. We simply believe in the real God, not the God we have made up in our minds.

God, I believe! Help my unbelief! Increase my faith! Let me know You more so I can believe more! You are real! You are God! You are here with me always!

No comments: