Thursday, June 10, 2010

Books, Books, Books

I love books. Old and new, books send out a sirens call to me, drawing me to bring them home to my already overflowing bookcases. Will I ever have enough?

I heard recently that a book given as a gift is really and invitation to a conversation. The giver wants to enjoy the experience of the book with the recipient. I know that is true for me. When I give a book I really want to know what you think about it. Did you enjoy it? Or not? What did you learn, if anything? One thing I always want to know is that you did read it.

For the past few summers I have spent my reading time immersed in the Black, Red, White Trilogy by Ted Dekker. It took me three summers to really get a grasp of the story and the underlining message. I now have a pile of books to look into this summer, accumulated from the past three that I spent revisiting the dual worlds in the Trilogy. I do not know what I will choose to read this summer, but it would be fun to share with you!

I have heard that to be a good writer you should read, read, read, and write, write, write! I am doing my part and I do hope that my efforts are rewarded.

Father, You are the Author of the greatest book given to mankind! I love Your words and Your story! You give wisdom and life through all the laughter, tears, struggles, failures and victories that fill Your pages. I can never compare to You ! No other author that I enjoy compares to You. Thank You for reaching out to us with Your words. Thank you for the gift of communication and relationship! You gave me Your word so we might have a conversation. Help me to turn to You for that revealing time after I read Your Word! Thank You!

No comments: