Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Knowledge

"Knowledge hurts sometimes!" My granddaughter, Paige, exclaimed the other day. I had to agree with her.

I have pondered her words and I'm reminded that God, Himself, imposed limits on knowledge back in the Garden of Eden. The one tree forbidden to eat of its fruit was the Tree of the Knowledge of good and evil. There is much good to learn in our world. I must agree with God that the Knowledge of Evil hurts. Is there Good that we should not know? Does knowing good hurt also? If our marvelously GOOD God would withhold good from us there must be a reason. There is so much I do not know about the knowledge of good and evil.

I love to learn about this great and wonderful world. I love the life stories of people who have graced our planet and I learn so much from them. I especially enjoy learning about God. Knowledge to me is delightful most of the time, but there are moments when it hurts. When I am forced to change because of the facts presented to me, or when my comfortable world of relationships and circumstances are upended because of a new piece of information, it can hurt. It is then that my Faithful, All-Knowing God makes the knowledge of hurtful things to be good in my life.

Omniscient God and Father, You are always near, leading me and teaching me the things I must know. You give me knowledge of You and I thank You for the privilege of being Your child! When knowledge hurts, Lord, draw me close to You. Guard my mind and thoughts against the evil of this world and watch over me in good times and bad! I love You !

No comments: