Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Humility in the Flesh

My pride surfaced again the other day. Unfortunately, when my pride raises itself up I don't like what I look like! I had to stand in front of a mirror held out to me by my beloved Savior, and see myself through eyes of truth. Not easy.

I am proud of my good name. I am proud of the reputation I hold in the church and community. It is not easy to let someone elses' failures to reflect on me. But that is exactly what has happened. I saw my pride and then I saw what my Savior Jesus did for me! He took my messed up "Reputation" as His own. He took my failures and let them be on Him!

Jesus has told me to love as He loves me. He is humility in flesh. What am I to do? I am to let His thoughts of me be more important that the thoughts of men. I can rejoice more completely in His sacrifice as I take on my sacrifice for the ones I love. It is a hard lesson, but worth the revelation of God in my life!

Lord Jesus, You are Humble and gentle with sinners. I am a sinner. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me and allowing me to partake of Your suffering, even in such a little way!

No comments: