Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Last Day

Today is the last day of school for my granddaughters. They have had tears and also a bit if fun looking back over the fun times. They are now officially in 3rd and 5th grades.

I miss promotions! Seems like I am stuck in the same grade level that I achieved with my first born! I guess it is because I keep having kids come back into the house for me to care for them. Don't get me wrong, I love my children and grandchildren and all the other children who have blessed my home. As of late, though, I have had a deep desire to be promoted to an adult home, that is meant for just me and my man! I want my grandchildren to come visit and then leave me to enjoy the evening with Patrick alone.

Will I miss the noise? The mess? The drama? Probably. mostly I will miss their inquisitive minds, creative work and play and the love that seems ever present! For now, I get to have them near. For now, I need to enjoy each day. For now, I will keep on dreaming about my future promotion.

Soon coming King, You are Wise to make us wait for Your coming and our promotion into Your eternal kingdom! I have so much to learn before I see You face to face! Thank You for filling me with hope and patience but mostly with the love of little children! Bless them, O Lord!

No comments: