Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Consider Your Ways

"Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways. You have sown much, and harvested little. You eat, but you never have enough, you drink, but you never have your fill. You clothe yourselves, but no one is warm. And he who earns wages does so to put them into a bag with holes." Haggai 1:5-6 ESV

Sounds familiar in some respects. The prophet was speaking to the people about their ways while the temple of the Lord was in ruins. Reading this entire chapter has made question: What are my ways? Am I working hard for myself or for God's glory? Is the temple of God in ruins? What temple do I need to be concerned for? Haggai was speaking of the earthly temple but can I test my spirit, God's temple now, by this chapter? Can I check my relationship with the church through the revelation of this scripture?

I have heard Your voice, Lord! Show me the truth and where to apply it in my life. I will consider my ways.

No comments: