Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Long Journeys

The story of the Magi intrigues me. I wonder why God would draw these men away from their homeland(s) to worship the Messiah child only to return home again. I question what made them so curious and what they knew that grabbed their attention so strongly that they had to find the child King ?

The more personal question might be what draws me to take a journey that lasts days or weeks, months or years? Sometimes it seems it may be circumstances that send me on a journey far from my comfort zone. Today I realize that it is not the fate of my existence but it is my Lord. He draws me through the valleys and over mountains and yes, even beside the still waters. He walks with me and brings me to a place of worship, only to set me back to continue on with the rest of my travels.

My travels with God change me. Wherever I find myself I can be sure that He wants me to know Him better in the trip. The journey is not about where or with whom. It is about experiencing God. You see, the Magi headed back home but they took with them their experience of meeting God. They went away changed too!

Today a long part of my journey has begun the process of ending. I still have a long way to go and many more experiences with God. Like the Magi, I have made this trip and found what I needed to find and now it is time to go on my way to another destination, another revelation.

It is a day of worship and a day of rejoicing! God has been faithful and I pray that I, too, have been faithful to what He called me to do. It is a good day. This is the day that the Lord has made. I rejoice and I am glad!

Are you on a journey with God? You can be. Just ask and He will let you come along with Him!

Jesus, I give You thanks and I worship You! You have made my journey an adventure I will not forget! I look forward to the next one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the journeys that the Lord takes us on when ofcourse we choose to follow His lead! I could go on and on. It's so amazing that not only is the end of the journey the promised reward but the journey itself is also the reward.

From: Mrs.SlamBamThankYouMam:)

Unknown said...

I agree! Thanks for the comment!