Saturday, January 2, 2010

Holy Spirit GPS

My husband got a GPS for Christmas. It has been fun to play with and I am sure it will be a great help when I need to find someplace I've never been before. Yes, by default I get to use this marvelous tool too!

Gabby, as we have named her, has access to maps and satellites that help us to find the final destination that we want to get to. She does not decide where we are going but she can tell me where I am and how to get there. In a similar way I find my New Years goals to need a guide.

The New Year is a good time to consider my way. It is a good time to plug in and set my goals. Then I must ask what direction have I been going? Do I need to adjust my course in order to reach my final goal? I always need help to maneuver the road ahead. Are there obstacles to overcome? I need a helper. In fact, I consider the Holy Spirit to be my guide as I set out each day. Like the GPS He will not force me to go His way, but He has the wisdom to lead me in the right direction. With Him I can arrive at my desired destination.

Holy Spirit, I am turning to You for guidance as I navigate this life! I need you! I do not want to get lost along the way. Thank You for being with me!

No comments: