Thursday, January 14, 2010

When You Want to Cry

Today has been a day when I just wanted to cry. It was the kind of day when you have to laugh at something...any thing just to keep sane.

It began fairly normal, in fact, I thought it was going to be pretty good at first. Grandman Scott arrived still sleepy so back to bed he went. The girls took off to school and I got in the shower. Pretty soon, in comes Brooke saying that Paige had ran on ahead of her and left her alone on the road to school. I panic. Dressed as fast as possible and hopped into the car to find Paige. She was walking with some other kids and was surprised to find us following her! I let her and Brooke have an earful of cautions about never being separated!

Back home to begin the process of going through last years' receipts. After hours of trying to make sense out of what I need to keep and what I don't, I decide I need some organization. It is not a good time to organize when you are watching three kids and two of their friends as well.

I don't even want to tell you about the computer confusions! UGH! If I only had a sure income I'd be buying a new computer!

So here I sit wanting to cry and not really ready to laugh about it all, but I figure I will in a day or two. These kind of days must have some redeeming factor. I figure it must be that a good laugh will come and bring some healing, right?

Lord, I could use a laugh dipped in chocolate right now! I know You have been watching all this transpire and You have kept us all safe. You have given me little children to lead me as I watch them cry out their hurts and move on to the next fun happening! Let me be like a little child. Let me laugh tomorrow!

No comments: