Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hard Week Changed

It has been a hard week for me. I felt as if I were being squeezed by a python! All sorts of extra chores, extra frustrations, and to top it off I was not doing well handling it. My attitude was self centered. I deliberately disobeyed God and then was told by other Christians not to be too hard on myself.

I am looking back over my failed week only to see what lessons I must learn from these experiences. Here is what I've come up with.

* I must get more rest, eat properly and exercise .
* When my circumstances overwhelm me it is time to stop and get alone with God...not wait for a convenient time.
* Put more gratitude into my day.
* Let repentance happen no matter what others say.

I must say that this last lesson is an important one that I never considered doing otherwise. I was, however, surprised to think that believers could so easily dismiss sin in my life or their own! It saddens me when I confess my sin and the other party tells me not to be too hard on myself. I believe in balance and I believe it is my place to bring my sin to the cross, cry over my failures if I must and then allow Jesus to wash me in His blood and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

It is not my place to shrug my shoulders and say, that it is okay because I am not perfect. I think that it is difficult to change our sinful behaviors without feeling the pain we cause God, others or self. I want to change and repentance is part of the change!

Change starts in me when I:
1. see my sin for what it is
2. truly understand what my sin is causing to God, others and self
3. cry out for forgiveness and help
4. receive the grace that God gives so freely!

Father, Thank You for letting me unload my sin onto Your Son! Thank You for being there to hear me. Thank You for loving me and accepting me even though I fail often. Thank You for healing me and setting me free from the bondage of my sin! You alone have the power to change my life! I choose You. Please live through me and in me!

No comments: