Monday, March 30, 2009

Am I Teachable?


Am I teachable?

Teach me Your way, O Lord,
That I may walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name.
Psalm 86:11

Am I teachable?
Do I listen for Your voice,
Even when it comes to me
Through criticism, rebuke, or
Those under my authority?
Do I set my eyes on You,
Following Your every move
So that I might not step
Ahead of You or fall too far behind?
Am I willing to let go of my desires
allowing You to determine the outcome of my work and
letting You have Your way in and through me?
Am I willing and eager to hear the truth,
Obey it and let it be the
Hallmark of my life?
Do I do my work with honesty and integrity,
Perseverance and determination?
Do I reject the worlds’ definitions of truth,
Knowing without doubt that
You are The Way, The Truth, and The Life?
Do I place myself under the authority of the entire Truth?
Are the places I put my heart at one with You, my Lord?
Do I embrace You with my whole heart
leaving nothing for self gratification or for worldly lusts?
Does my inner being yearn to dive deeper into You,
Experiencing Your fullness:
Learning about You
Learning from You?
Am I teachable?

Carolynn J. Scully © 2009

No comments: