Sunday, March 22, 2009

Stranger in a Strange Land

There are moments when, though I am surrounded by the familiar, I feel as if I am a stranger. I have the sense that I am not where I should be. I don't belong. I am out of place, not at ease. I wonder if others have the same feeling sometimes. What is the cause?

Could it be that because we live in a fallen world we long for our paradise? Our garden of Eden? We were meant to live in a perfect world in complete communion with God, but we don't. so, are my feelings of strangeness a result of that and a subtle calling to come home?

The coming home will take a journey. We must all chose one path that will take us home. There is only one way! We can only go to our proper place of belonging if we begin the walk in which Jesus will lead us. It is adventurous, dangerous and wonderful! The cross is our beginning, but our daily death to the things of this strange sinful world is the step by step progression toward home. I am a prodigal coming home. I am a stranger in a strange land.

Father, You are the builder of my home. You are the place where I belong. You are where my heart is. I can trust You to bring me home safely and to guide me every step I take.

3 comments:

Donna Cooper said...

Just to let you know...I'm BACK (after being MIA for a long time!)
Hope you'll drop by and check out my blog again.
www.hisgraceamazesme.
blogspot.com

God bless you bunches!
Donna

Donna Cooper said...

And yes, you are so right! We are a "stranger in a strange land". Our home is in heaven and our eyes are fixed on the prize of the high calling in Jesus!

Amen!!

XOXOX
Donna

Katie said...

Your writing is beautiful, in style and content :)