Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Humility or Humiliation

What is the difference between humility and humiliation? I have been thinking about this all day and have come to a conclusion.

Humility is a lowering of ourselves. Humiliation is being brought down by others. The interesting thing about humility is that it has power over humiliation. When we choose to lower ourselves it does not matter what humiliation others try to place on us.

Humility is not placing ourselves in a place where we have no value. It simply admits that we are fallible. Humiliation offers no value and is a forced tumble from a proud position.

I am learning to be humble, teachable and honest about my successes and failures. It is not an easy road but the benefits are great! I walk with God when I walk in humility.

In the humble name of our exalted Lord Jesus, I ask You Sovereign God to reveal true humility. disciple me in its ways and change my heart.

No comments: