Tuesday, October 7, 2008

God Moments

I have read and am now rereading the book "Chasing Daylight" by Erwin McManus. It is a very thought provoking book. Deep thoughts. Pondering thoughts. Not ones I can slide past and say I understand.

One of the thoughts that keeps winding around my brain is about God moments. These are moments when we are faced with a choice. We can seize the opportunity that God has presented to us or we can ignore or refuse it. In seizing it we encounter purpose and God in a special way. To ignore or refuse the opportunity we lose the chance to change the future for the good for ourselves or for someone else.

Lately I feel bombarded by God moments! It seems they are rushing towards me with full force. I am stunned and awed. I am grasping for them sometimes with boldness and other times with timidity. God has reminded me that He has given me a spirit of power and love and a sound mind. I must presume that if I am offered God moments then He certainly believes that I am able to accept and fulfill the tasks set before me.

Like a friend of mine has recently said: I can only make it by walking hand in hand with Jesus. I might add that I think Jesus only lets go of my hand long enough for me to be free to reach out and grab the opportunity. It is always my choice. He is always near.

No comments: