Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reverse Birthday

It seems only fair that my Mom would be honored and blessed for giving birth to me. I had little to do with my entering the world. God, Dad and Mom were the co-creators of my life. Yet I am the recipient of song, presents, cards and birthday wishes. Tough I enjoy them all i certainly feel a bit humbled by all the attention.

57 years ago, my mom delivered me, a breech birth, into the world. I am the second child out of eight. Mom carried all of us and then labored over us in more ways than one. She rejoiced that we came into the world.

Today I send a shout of thanksgiving for my Mom, the laborer. I pray that she is blessed because of having me as a child. I hope that I have made her happy to be my Mom.

Happy Day Mom! You gave me the opportunity to become a part of the world! Thanks!

1 comment:

Donna Cooper said...

Happy, happy birthday dear friend. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Many blessings,

Donna