Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mystery

Married life is a mystery. No matter how we try we can never fully understand nor discover the workings of our spouse.

I try very hard to figure out the relationship between my husband and myself. I read books and watch programs all with a mind to understand my man. He, on the other hand, doesn't seem to wonder how I think or what makes me tick. He may be coerced into participating in a marriage program but I am never sure of where his mind is. I think it may stem from the myth that men believe we can't be understood. So they do not even try. It makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time.

I'd like to think I could captivate his attention at least a little so he would try to figure out the mystery. Even so it is a bit fun watching him hide away or dance around the little clues I give.

I am sure of my man's heart. He may not try to unravel the intricate workings of my thoughts, which I sometimes can't even unravel, but he loves my confusing , challenging charms. They have kept him occupied for over 35 years now.

Whatever God had in mind when creating us so mysterious to each other, He certainly made life interesting. All of our questions about each other are woven with love into the threefold cord that binds us together with our Creator.

This is all just a mystery to me!

No comments: