Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Perfect Love

Who do you feel most loved by? Who is it that will accept you exactly as you are but also encourage you to be your very best?

It is very hard to find someone who can fill both of these loving acts. Acceptance implies that if you never change that persons' love will never grow less. The encouragement to be your best is wanting change in your life, but only for your good not theirs.

Who do you and I love in this way? Am I a person who loves with acceptance and encouragement, or with expectations and selfish desires? Am I able to give others what they need to feel accepted? Am I able to cheer my loved ones on to be their best without cheering for myself to be rewarded by their success?

This kind of love is very hard to live. We may find we can do it once in awhile but every day living this kind of love takes God love. In fact we must first experience that God love for ourselves before we can do it for others. Even then we will find we fall woefully short of perfection in loving others.

"But God demonstrated His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8
"But just as He who calls you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: Be holy because I am holy." I Peter 1:15-16

Gods' amazing fulfilling love was made known to us through Jesus. He loves perfectly accepting us and perfectly encouraging us to be who we are meant to be!

I am loved perfectly. I can only seek Christs' Spirit to work in me so that I may love perfectly as well. In my failures He is always there to love the world!

No comments: